Easy Zabaglione Recipe
This is a light and frothy dessert that's actually quite easy to make.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- Fresh Berries
- Put some water in a pan to boil.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in the bowl with an electric mixer until they are thick, 5 minutes.
- Add the Marsala and a pinch of salt, put the bowl on top of the pan like a double boiler.
- Beat the eggs until they are frothy and they hold a ribbon, or about 150 F.
- Put the berries in some serving bowls, spoon the frothy mixture over top.
- You can use any type of liqueur instead of Marsala if you prefer. For instance, framboise would make sense if you were using raspberries.
- Picture is from... some cookbook that I scanned in.